Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chordz
Retired

re: Blind One video-beware (spoilers)

I know you didnt want 'guides' for DN but since we seem to be reading through them as we go anyway... I thought it wouldnt hurt to just pop this video out here concerning the Blind One strategy. I think it shows a good representation of what happens in the fight (even if we wont be reacting as the kin in the video does)

To Leadership: Feel free to delete this post if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsEaPqqU4v0
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

No worries; just to clarify, several members of the kinship (myself included) enjoy the first-time experience of learning about an encounter. That only really happens once, so the request is that strategies not be presented from outside sources (like forum posts or raid guides) so we can have the enjoyment of puzzling through the encounter ourselves.

It's different to enumerate the abilities a boss has, that's just something we'll get by observation and is totally different from having a strategy presented to you. I'll bring this up for tonight's raid, but since there are only so many encounters and it can only happen once, I'm going to ask people not to just give out strategies they read on the web, it ruins the fun of raiding for several members.

CaptSvensson wrote:
...I'm going to ask people not to just give out strategies they read on the web, it ruins the fun of raiding for several members.

I really support this approach. 4 years ago when I was in WoW, they released a new raiding instance (Zul Gurub) that I have to say was the funnest time I've had gaming. The entire guild I was leading agreed to not pre-learn the encounters and instead challenge ourselves to figure it out. It was damn frustrating, but boy was it a great reward when it came together the first time. It does take a certain kind of group though that is willing to struggle together through the learning curve, but it's a great team builder. Hope to be there someday with you all.

~Cut

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum