Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rookwood71

re: So very bored...

Long story short, I got called into work this morning to assist the helpless monkeys that infest the factory I work in.

Anyways, as I sit in this meeting about training people, I started drifting off. In my journeys, I started thinking about how much I hate most of my co-workers. Then I thought, "I don't think I'd help anyone in this room during the zombie apocalypse."

Then I started wondering who I would go out of my way to help, unless of course it would mean my death. Naturally, my kids are the list of the two people I would risk my life for. But, other than loved ones, who do we try to save and bring back to the camp or whatever we consider our haven.

For me anyone with medical knowledge/training would be worth it. Especially a doctor, but even nurses and paramedics could be invaluable. People with outdoor experience, hunters, campers, mountain climbers, the paranoid weirdos who actually prepared for zombies (people like me) and the like. Scientists, engineers, professors and teachers are on my list too. I think if you're going to make a serious attempt at rebuilding civilization, you need very intelligent people. Same for people with mechanical knowledge, anyone who knows how to grow food, and I think people who have hobbies like blacksmithing, weaving, and making soap. Also, artists would be worth helping out, I'm talking about painters, sculptors, writers, musicians....not people like Brittany Speares and Jim Carey.

Now, as for the ones on the maybe list: soldiers and police officers. Soldiers would have been on the front lines, they might be shell-shocked about some of the brutality they were ordered to do, i.e. shooting people who may or may not have been infected as well as the zombies. Plus, without the brass, a group of soldiers might develop a mob mentality and become roving marauders.. Or, they might have an officer still in charge and he or she tries to set up themselves as some kind of warlord. Pretty much the same for the police. Naturally, I don't think everyone in uniform is a psycho waiting to happen, just not sure if I would risk it for them. But, on the other hand, a small, well led group would offer a lot of security and an officer or sergeant could be an excellent leader.

Now for my favorite list: the ones who are S.O.L. Any politician, especially in the federal government, but state and local ones are just as useless. Anyone who is overly or aggressively religious. If we're living on the run, trying to find someplace safe from the undead horde, the last thing I want to hear is how a loving and compassionate Supreme Being is going to protect us. Face facts: the shit has hit the fan and if there is somebody upstairs, He, She or It is on vacation and we're on our own. If you want to believe in divine hope, go for it, but don't stress others who may not believe as you do. Idiots who think they are better than anyone else because of skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, political thinking and etc. If you can't get over the fact that there's only two types of people left, the undead and the mobile buffet-types, then you can pretty much gtfo. Anyone who has been involved in a reality TV show, this group of miscreants have led to the decline of Western Civilization (except for the guys on Mythbusters which I consider educational).

Now, what about moral choices. People with limited capacity, again only non-family. Pregnant women? Newborns and infants? I would like to say that I'm 100% sure I wouldn't leave them behind, but if you're trying to hide, do you want to take a chance on a baby crying? Also, people with medical conditions that need regular medication. What about people with drug addicitions?

Anyways, that's about all I got for now.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum