Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jariath
Officer

re: Back to WoW

Luci and I have returned to World of Warcraft and I am guessing we just really needed a break from it as the game seems to have improved, though granted we have not reached level 90, or started to there yet as I decided I will be leveling my Paladin first. That means we are trekking through the Cata content first.

Guild Wars 2 had some bright spots, but ultimately the dungeon experience left a very bitter taste and with that being one of the things we enjoy about MMO's we felt know desire to continue playing. ToR was a great experience for us and there is a very good chance we will return just to finish the class quests on are alt characters.

Rift is a great game but the company really lost me with the introduction of a second collectors edition, that required another buy in. I am willing to bet that was not the only cash cash grab they did. Also I hated the fact that they had two sets of raid content for varying group sizes. WoW quit this with the release of Wrath and ToR never did this. With Rift I always felt the 10 man raids were kind of joke to Trion, hence why they were in "alternate reality" while the 20 mans were the real raids that affected the world.

If anyone is interested in WoW in its current state let me know, if you are a prior player I can send you a scroll of resurrection or want to look at it for the first time I can send you an invite or something that way. The Scroll of Resurrection comes with a boost to 80 and a free transfer to Ysera and faction change if you are not already horde.

Love playing with you all, though the current game choices are not right for us.

I checked out WoW again via your SoR, but I just couldn't do it, bad memories from Cata, mixed with so many changes I still could not agree with. I hope you two stay Happy there for as long as you need to be.

If you're interested, Ebondark just posted on the TA Facebook page he's looking for the TA group on WOW. Turns out they are on Medievh Alliance. As a TA chapter, they have their own rules and organization, but they will obviously observe courtesy as fellow TA members.

We are actually in a great guild here, where we spent the last year+ of our original stint in WoW. If Ebon is interested or anyone else is interested we are on Ysera and the guild is Anam Cara, it is a big guild guild and a very friendly guild. One of the reasons we chose to come go back to WoW was because of a few of the people in it, just as one of the reason we gave Guild Wars a chance was the people in TA.

Just a note on TOR's F2P, I checked it out today..its ridiculous on the restrictions, namely the 350k credit restriction and the action bar restriction. (350k credits in TOR isn't that much for those who have not played before) But the action bar restriction takes the cake...you are restricted to only TWO 12 slot action bars in TOR for F2P, thats HALF as many that were/are available via sub. You can however BUY ,more bars...but thats just wrong, restricting the UI so you cant even get the combination of skills and abilities needed to play at higher levels, no, thats not F2P thats P2W (pay to win)

Also I think as far as Jar and Luci's high end characters are concerned I think they may have to pay to equip their raid gear if I read the prompt correctly, ...thats just not right. SO as it stands i won't be finishing my character stories in TOR after all.

EDIT:

Also, theres a 2 character Limit for free accounts, if you have more, they become locked until you 'pay for them, first two you log on, are the active ones.

That very good chance might have just changed things. I mean, we have some cartel coins and all that, but I am not sure if that will be worth it.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum