Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: King of Thieves on iOS/Android

I recently (like two days ago) discovered King of Thieves on my app store. It's by ZeptoLabs, the same guys who created Cut The Rope; it has the same unique and consistent aesthetic and really polished/fluid/animated interfaces and gameplay. It took me a while to really get a feel for it, but basically it's a platformer with some unique controls and mechanics and you either run the single-player gauntlet of dungeons, or try other players' dungeons. The other player dungeons are where things shine, because you get to design your own dungeons from templates! The best part is, you cannot save what you cannot beat (twice in a row actually, although you can try as many times as you want).

This leads to all sorts of crazy experimentation where people try to find something that is solvable, but difficult enough to discourage other players. I have begun to really enjoy designing dungeons and then eagerly waiting for hordes of people to test it out for me, leaving piles of skulls and gold.

As is the norm, the game is freemium with free gameplay and paid items to help speed things up. The official web-site with info is at http://www.kingofthieves.com/

-Svensson

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum