Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Proposed Raid Progression Plan

Before I explain my proposal for some fun goals, I wanted to share my views of the kinship so we have a common frame of reference. I have been an officer of Twilight Avengers since March of 2009, and I became the kinship leader in August of 2009. My tenure has been focused exclusively on only one thing: sustainable growth. Not players for player's sake, but friends that make us come back to the game. We have made great progress on that front; back in March, we were barely able to field a group of 6 (Rockonn, Truble, Ebondark, Kohrem, Allihandra, Svensson). Now, at our peak we could field a group of 15 (I won't list our total kinship roster).

This quality growth takes time; this ensures that not only we have fun with new members, but they realize we are a kinship that focuses on the long-term. We are not about a month or two of instances and then stopping the game to go play the next big thing. This is why we offer to help those who leave our kinship; not everyone shares this outlook of the game, and it's healthier for everyone that we find communities that match our interests.

Everyone has done a stellar job, not just welcoming new members with words, but also patiently helping them adjust to what it's like to be in the Twilight Avengers. Many recruits join with no experience in a strongly team driven fellowship or raid, and everyone has shown great willingness to help. This is what I view as the key to our success. I'd rather attract recruits because of our hearts, than attract recruits because of our successes.

On our "off" days, namely Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and the weekend, I would like to have us enjoy the new content, and continue to group up to do various sundry things we enjoy doing. But for raid progression, I propose the following raiding sequence to be discussed at our next kinship meeting:

1. Finish the Watcher in the Water. We were very close before Mirkwood came out, and the expansion gives us a better chance. Once we have a bi-weekly kill system down, this will eventually get everyone 80 radiance.

2. After that, begin Dar Nabugud. This is a raid most of us have never even seen. It will remain difficult despite the new level 65 cap. However, this will give us much better quality radiance gear and accessories than what the Medallions of Lothlorien or Mirkwood will give.

3. After that, begin Dol Guldur. As the final raid, this one sits at the apex of a pyramid spanning both the Vile Maw and Dar Nabugud. In terms of difficulty and requirements, this is the most onerous and thus I view as requiring the most preparation and skills practice.

My reasons for this, rather than using the purple radiance equipment to circumvent some raids, is because the purples are clearly inferior. They will allow entrance into these raids, but with decreased stats and performance. The raids also form a natural progression of difficulty; the skills we perfect as a team in earlier raids will be necessary and helpful for learning the subsequent raids.

Lastly, this is a proposal, not an order. It is open for debate, and the only important thing is we as a kinship reach a consensus on a raid plan so we can work together. As always, I and our officers serve at the behest of the kinship. I will call a meeting next week so we can discuss anything of importance to our membership.

Avengers forever,
-Svensson

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum