Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chordz
Retired

re: Lets Talk about the "Hell Pull" before the Twins

From what I understand there is 4 mobs...
2 Shadow Maces or Flame-Swords of any combo totalling 2 mobs
1 Warg
1 Sorcerer

Correct?

The Pull
So... wouldnt it be best to pull the warg ranged to break him out of stealth. 2 people ranged pull the Shadow and Flame guys and follow them down the stairs. Madera CC's the Sorcerer at the top of the stairs.

Setup Down the Stairs
We then have the warg and the 2 shadow/flame guys coming down the stairs to the room below. One Shadow/Flame on the right side of the room and one on the left being tanked.

Kill Order
Kill the warg

Kill one Shadow/Flame

Kill next Shadow/Flame

Up the stairs kill the sorcerer

Tell me if this wouldnt work. I havent read guides or anything.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

I believe there are 5 mobs, 2 armor wraiths + sorcerer in the room, and then 1 armor wraith + warg in the hallway pathing.

Just for reference I wrote down the following from our last pull:

1. Mez warg pather in the hallway
2. Mez the sorcerer in the room
3. Tank and kill the two shadow wraiths

Also avoid pulling the shadow wraith pather in the hallway, as that's just extra trouble. Our kill order was 2 wraiths in room w/ sorcerer, then warg, then sorceror.

If we have three tanks, I think your kill order is best Chordz; just get rid of the Warg quickly to avoid it increasing the damage everyone takes. I'm not keen on moving pulls or spreading the raid out, but perhaps that is necessary to save us on risk with the sorcerer or warg debuff.

Got it... I guess thats why its dubbed Hell Pull.

So we will leave the pathing wraith and not even aggro him at all?
Kaalis of Sartok

In this situation I think Sven is right about not breaking up the raid too much. At the top of the stairs this pull is located at there is your standard red carpet leading into the hallway+room where this pull is located. Madera has a 40m range on his mez and that puts him at the edge of the red carpet just before the hallway (when we get there its easier to explain if this isn't sufficient). This allows him to stand there and keep the sorc mezzed without having to worry about pulling the pathing armored.

Our problem at that point becomes getting the warg under control. Since we havent had a second LM in the raid yet we have no other reliable CC for it.

What I had suggested last time was that since Cutt's riddle works on the sorcerer to have him start off on the sorc to get him locked down. (this is done when the pathing armored and the warg both head down the left hand hallway)

As soon as his riddle engages Madera deploys his mezz on the warg locking him down for enough time for the tanks to get control of the armoreds.

Madera takes over mezzes on the sorc at this point and can stand at the location previously mentioned.

At this point I would recommend no one but the tanks engage the armoreds and let them build agro untill you down the warg.

Depending on who we have at the time one of the heavies (either you Sven or a champ especially if one is still tank specced) can pull/force taunt the warg off of madera (since he will have agro from mezzing it) and then the raid can burn the warg down.

And just like Chordz said in the kill order take out the armoureds then the sorc.

The danger in splitting up the pulls is that the sorcerer does not need line of sight to drop the fire and fear bombs on the raid.

Hope that is a little clearer definition of what I was shooting at last time we did this pull. I also would like to know what you guys think about this.

Kaalis - 50 Psionicist - Sartok
Kaalis - Alfar Mage
Kaalis - Vice Admiral 1 Engineering Officer
Kaalis - 50 High Elf Warrior - Tearfall
Chordz
Retired

So, Kaalis youre saying that Madera will take over keeping the Sorc and the Warg locked down after Cut's initial riddle?

Sounds fine to me as long as Madera is comfortable with it.
Kaalis of Sartok

No just the sorc and let the warg come back to the raid... Madera has a 35 sec stun and a 15s refresh and if the corruption is up on the sorcerer he only has a tiny window to get the stun off in

Kaalis - 50 Psionicist - Sartok
Kaalis - Alfar Mage
Kaalis - Vice Admiral 1 Engineering Officer
Kaalis - 50 High Elf Warrior - Tearfall
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum