Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Thanks everyone!

I was going to bump the Brandywine thread, and I read some very well written posts by members who did this on their own. I wanted to thank everyone, especially those who have been posting since the beginning, keeping our thread on the Brandywine kinship forums alive. Some of the posts written by our members really lifted my mood and I really appreciate the kind words.

Quote:
I became a member of this group a couple of months ago after looking around on the forums and watching Kinships in game. I was looking for:

1. Progressing my character(s) in the game raid wise
2. Folks mostly on during my play times (evenings PST)
3. Kin that was grouped up together rather than just a having a "kin name"
4. A web site that was used as well as a dedicated vent server.
5. Mature and organized players that were skilled but not jerks
6. Let me play whatever character I most enjoyed

I've been happy with my choice. We've got everything on farm status and just started working on the last raid instance, Barad Guldur. We're raiding 2-3 nights a week, on the off days we're doing instances, alts, skirmishes and other activities. People just post up what is needed or want to do and others jump in and help.

Recently, we've had some of our members with personal life changes and would like to get some more good people in to round out our numbers.

You should send an in-game mail to anyone in this thread, Svennson is your best bet.

Good luck on your search,

Quote:
Been in TA for a while now. I love it.
A couple things about the kinship.

1)We dont use "guides" to raid. Learning the encounters only through experiencing them.
2)We arent afraid to go into raids with 11 people or whatnot and make up our own strategy as we go.
3)We never use exploits.
4)Basically drama-free kin so if you get highly emotional its probably not for you.

We recently took down Durchest using a different strategy than the 2 strategies noted in all the guides while 11-manning him. Im sure 10-manning him is also doable with enough DPS. The guild leader is great-Best Ive ever seen in 10-yrs of MMOing.

Quote:
I have to agree with everything JoseyWales said about TA. I have been part of the kin for about two months now and it has been great. I am a central time zone player but TA works well for me. They are very organized and value everyone's input. The communication and cooperation is outstanding. If you are tired of "8/12 for BG, need 1 cappy, 1 RK, 1 Burg, and 1 LM, must have experience" then TA is for you. They are not afraid to tackle any content with an unconvential group make-up, and they make it work. Again, this isn't your typical "We are a rank 10 kin, host weekly raids, have a kin house and vent, PST" type kin. TA is first-class and if you want to have fun with some great people while getting some raid time, give TA a shot.

We even got a few bumps from players who were not in our kinship. JoseyWales was kind enough to recommend us.

Quote:
In my brief time in Twilight Avengers (Had to quit playing due to work schedule) I was impressed with this kin and Svensson the kin leader. I will say TA was the best kin I ever played in and Svensson was the best leader in any mmo. All the members are very skilled and most importantly very patient and understanding. Myself and probably most of you get a little nervous during big raids, fearing mistakes that may lead to a failed raid. When you raid with these guys, they will calm you down with their confidence and enthusiasm. And should you have a bad hair day, well they will just laugh it off and pick you right up with assurances and perhaps a few tips. I highly recommend these guys .

Thank you so much everyone, regardless of whether you posted or not. Just playing with you has been its own reward.

-Svensson

re: Thanks everyone!

Reading this gives me the warm fuzzies!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum