Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chordz
Retired

re: BG Strat- Post Twins Kill Strat notes(No Spoilers here)

Please help us out by posting if you have knowledge/ideas. Someone who hinders this process is people who come to raid but dont read this section. Also someone who posts a strategy from a guide that is someone elses idea from the forums. Please stick to posting boss abilities, personal observations, and organic strategies you wish to try and the reasons why you think it may help. The offense of breaking either of the above TA Laws are equally egregious in Chordz' mind.(PLEASE ADD/AMEND AS YOU GUYS SEE FIT BY REPLYING)

Since we took down the twins I dont have much to post, other than:

1.Next time the 2 Sorc pull, I want to retest my distracting one of the sorc's because Im not totally sure the corruption and my casting was timed perfectly.

2.The yellow eyeballs on Twins fight is a fire AoE that should be ran to the perimeter of the room.

3.The lights after Twins stun those in melee range from time to time as per the tooltip someone read.(Ideas on this?)

4. The purple eyes can be cured with a fear pot.

5. The blue eyes drop either a fire or shadow cloud and should be ran to the side of the room.

6. The 1-2 trash kill pace was awesome last night. This is important because I can see us doing Durchest and Twins in one night and have 2 nights for learning LT trash and LT. Figuring 2 hours on Durchest and Twins kills for one night if we keep a good pace.

Last edited by Chordz on 12/10/2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Suridine

I very much agree with Chords. We can all take a deep breath and a bit of a breather with DN this week. Then come back next week ready. If we start the raid on time or even start around 7 PST then we should be able to do locks 1 & 2 EM in the same night (with a full group). I am up for it.
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

re: Re: BG Strat- Post Twins Kill Strat notes(No Spoilers here)

Chordz wrote:

2.The yellow eyeballs on Twins fight is a fire DD to you. No need to run to the side of the room(98% confirmed)

Added video for Ysar's pleasure.

Actually I believe we confirmed that the yellow eyes were AoE fire. The first video I watched I saw a player by themselves get hit so it looked DD. In the last raid, we let one hit on the melee group on the fire boss and they all got shoved back. I will check the recording and edit my post accordingly.

Anything I could not confirm by watching the video is noted as being unable to be confirmed. All other statements herein are confirmed.

Edit: At about 43 seconds into the video a yellow eye hit on Ali. When it ticked off, the entire melee group was hit with a knockback and took somewhere around 1k damage. Just guessing on the damage but there is an obvious amount of damage taken from every melee in range. Yellow eyes should be run off and eaten solo.

Edit 2: At about 3:15 in, someone drops a blue eye by the entrance. This is just like the eyes from the Sorcs. Blue eyes need to be "dropped" in a designated location such as the edges of the room. Blue eyes will drop either a purple cloud or fire as well as 1-2.5k DD. At about 6:03 when I am kiting the shadow boss, you can see how the blue eyes were dropped all over the room - this needs to be cleaner. There should not be any fire in the center of the room.
It appears that the blue eyes drop fire when the fire boss is alive and shadow clouds when the fire boss is dead (unconfirmed)
You can have multiple eyes on you at the same time. In the kill video, Ysar and Sven both had a blue and purple eye at the same time. The purple eye can be cleared and the blue eye dropped appropriately.

Edit 3: In the event of a player death, the fire boss gains a skill where he emotes, "Burn! Let fire consume your very soul, Player."
The player named is targeted by the boss. The result of this is undetermined at this time.
It appears this ability is only available at the event of a player death and is used only once (not confirmed)

Edit 4: The shadow boss will emote, "I see a shadow of doubt has entered your heart, Player, let it free!". The player named will receive a purple eye. Purples eyes can simply be cleared with a fear pot.

Tip: With a RK in each group, we can mitigate large fire damages. This works the best in instances like the second add kill fire AoE on Durchest. 2 RKs can completely mitigate that hit for the entire raid which makes healing easier.

Comment: About half-way through the fire boss, I started to supplement heals on Pestt who was tanking the shadow boss. It is my opinion, with no offense directed at anyone, that if I did not help heal he would have died sooner. Suggestions for off-tanking the shadow boss more confidently would be great.

I hate this expression, but... At the end of the day, we did real well. We suffered the most deaths in transition between killing bosses and I think the timing of Pestt dieing and the fire boss dieing right after was super lucky. I counted at least 3 unnecessary deaths by eyes. These are so easy to handle especially when Sven is calling them in vent. I completely agree that if we start a bit earlier and go until we kill the Twins, we can do it in one night. We have to if we plan on kill the LT before the next expansion is out which I think is a completely realistic goal.

~ Dan

Last edited by Red Shadow on 12/10/2010 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Chordz
Retired

Amended my OP for those corrections Daellyn.

You mention that an RK can mitigate the damage of the Durchest fire bomb add Daellyn.... is this with a Do Not Fall spell or what? How is this done?
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

Yep. There is more than enough time for the RK to switch to his fire stone and cast Do not Fall to Flame. This puts a 30 second buff on the group that will mitigate 100% of the next damage from fire (and then goes away after mitigation). If you watch the latest Durchest video, you can see me changing to my fire stone and casting Do not Fall to Flame while we're stacked on the boss. When the fire damage hits, my group takes zero damage.

This can also be used on the flame axes like at the very begining of the instance. Like when Sven says, "Daellyn is going to take distributed fire." If we can get that buff on before, that damage is mitigated completely.

Chordz
Retired

Isnt the start of the instance a lightning bomb? Does the fire spell work for lightning too?
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

I thought the distributed damage was fire at the beginning. RKs have the same ability for Lightning damage if that is in fact the case anyway. Every worthwhile RK will carry one of each stone type (frost, fire, lightning) for various reasons so we can mitigate big hits for those three types.

These aren't make or break situations but the fact that we can prevent a circumstance where group healing would be required is very helpful. The downside is that until the recent patch, a fire stone was not worth equipping so most RKs ran with their lightning stone and had all their best settings and such on them. For example, my fire stone is crap right now so it's be stupid to run any instance with it. However, I can swap it at the time needed and then go back. The problem is remembering to swap stones and cast the buff every minute while healing...so, you either take the stats hit and keep it on or risk missing a heal because you are busy swapping. It takes time and luck to get a good stone of each type.

~ Dan

ysarien

after each BG run can we start the strat thread with the fraps of the last session for us all to watch?

I know you posted it on youtube or somewhere but wouldnt it be useful if we could just click right on it after we read someones sentence about such and such. Watching it and reading about it concurrently will get our brains working harder on what we can do more effectively.

Dan your analysis is freaking awesome, you are a wonderful addition to TA.
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

EDIT: Must have been tired...i got it to work after 5 minutes just now. Maybe it's a browser thing? Anyway, added it to my post above.

I literally spent half an hour last night trying to get a video embedded into a post. It's not possible as far as I know. So, I regret that we cannot post the video in the thread unless someone can show me how. I believe the forums must have a special code built in for it to work. The option YouTube videos exists but doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to embed video into these forums?

Get a second monitor, Ysar. Happy

~ Dan

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum