Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> Tactics & Strategy Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suridine

re: Rift issues

I am currently at some training out of state and I have internet in my room. It is having issues with Rift. It is a public network with about 12 people on it, and does not have static IP's. I started out getting an error message everytime I tried to log on that said "Your external IP Address has changed since you authenticated. Please exit the game & re-enter your username and password." I found a work around for this using some software called Battleping. this got me in the game, but the lag is so bad that it shouldn't even be called lag. The game said that my latency was anywhere between 130k and 320k ms but my frame rate was well into the 100's. I am also having issues with getting on vent, but for some reason LOTRO is ok. Any help would be great. Are there any fixes for this or am I just SOL for the next couple of weeks?

What you got Liger? LOL!
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Rift issues

Do you have access to some kind of VPN (Virtual Protected Network) that you can use? To the outside world, the VPN will look like the same IP address, which would get rid of that problem. My belief is BattlePing is basically acting like a VPN; it's possible something else may do the same thing but be better performance.

The other idea is to look into the setup for your public network; there is something configured strangely if your public network is making it look like your computer is changing IP addresses mid connection.

Lastly, it sounds like what you're experiencing is network latency (which makes sense). Your network latency and your framerate are totally separate, so everything makes sense so far with what you describe as the problem.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum