Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: PAX 2012 announced

UPDATE 8/14/2012:

Food: We have reservations as a group at Red Fin Tuna Sushi on Saturday at 8pm. This dinner is my treat, and has been a Twilight Avenger tradition since 2010!

In addition, I am bringing snacks for us to eat during the day and night when we can't get to restaurants. For those who are out of town, I am bringing extra so you can bring back any of the exotic snacks that you like, such as gummy candy, dried squid, red-bean paste, pocky, seaweed, etc.

Flights: We are either sharing some flights or timing our flights to arrive at approximately the same time so we can take the train together to downtown Seattle. Allihandra, Sirran, Tocanis, Redshadow, Bryan F, Kim F, Nick B and several others are all taking the following flights between San Jose International (SJC) and Seattle/Tacoma International (SEA):

Southwest flight 507, arriving at 9:00PM on Thursday
Southwest flight 1060, leaving at 8:20PM on Sunday.

Hotel: We are pre-paid for 3 executive suites at the nearby Fairmont Olympic Hotel at 411 University St. Each suite is 450 sq/ft with 1 separate bedroom, 1 living room, and 1 marble bathroom. Each suite is $319 a night, so I will guarantee that our average nightly rate is going to be less than $100 a person, if we stay with 3 suites it averages to $73.

We are splitting the rooms into sections which cost as follows:
- Bedroom: $170
- Living room: $150
Each section's cost is split among the people who sleep in it. For example, if someone wants a living room to him/herself, it will cost $150 a night. If three people split the living room, it will be $50/night a person. Couples who split the bedrooms are going to be paying $85/night per person. If you wish to pair up with others to drive costs down, please contact prospective roommates. If you cannot find a roommate, PM me and I will help.

Below is the list of people who are confirmed as going to be staying in our suites and what preference I have you down for rooms. Let me know if you'd like to switch between getting your own room(s), or swapping between living room/bedroom sleeping arrangements.

Suite 1
Bedroom: Svensson & Alshanda
Living room: Geirodurr, Tocanis, Kohrem

Suite 2:
Bedroom: Lliraam & LL's Wife
Living Room: Bryan F., Redshadow, Xynke

Suite 3:
Bedroom: Kim F., Nick B.
Living Room: ???

Last edited by CaptSvensson on 08/14/2012 11:04 pm; edited 24 times in total

Just confirming my planned attendance, and intent to take part in the suites.

Edit:

Just realized how boring that post was given the awesomeness that is PAX. Some highlights from last year

1. Meeting people in real life. This goes without saying, but it was a lot of fun and definitely a little bizarre to have such a good rapport and a great time with people you're seeing in person for the first time.

2. The spectacle. Really, you have to see it to believe it if you've never been to a similar convention. Also, there really is something for everyone.

3. Trion party! Last year I made it a point to repeatedly show Lliraam how translucent my rum and cokes were. Again and again. I also explained how the key to being continued to be served drinks was to go to a different bar each time. I may have explained this multiple times too, but it really is useful information.

4. Red bean candy! Oh wait...that wasn't really a highlight.

5. All sorts of Real Life quests, puzzles, etc. Also, we spent a significant amount of time grinding dailies last year for a special event currency in order to trade it in for shinies. Part of me wishes I was making that up, while the rest just laughs at the absurdity.

In summary, whether you've been here a short while or a long time, it would be great to meet you at PAX!

Last edited by Kohrek on 04/12/2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

Kohrek wrote:
Just confirming my planned attendance, and intent to take part in the suites.

Exactly the same.

I'll be in contact with you, Sven, regarding your and Ali's air travel to see if what I can offer would work for you.

edit: I think I just found my drinking buddy. Hey Kohrek!
edit2: Wife and Daughter not going - just me.
edit3: I have tickets.

~ Red

Last edited by Red Shadow on 05/03/2012 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Lliraam

Kohrek wrote:

4. Red bean candy! Oh wait...that wasn't really a highlight.

Yeah. That stuff was NOT a highlight. But, you gotta try it at least once.

Wife and I are confirmed. We're in on the suite as well.
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

How quickly do the tickets sell out? Looks like they open registration around the end of this month. Do I need to be mashing F5 when it opens or anything?

Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Last year it took about 4 weeks for the tickets to sell out; since PAX pretty much grows/doubles every year, I would try to buy the tickets in 2 weeks to be safe. They are estimated to go on sale at the end of April, and I will announce in guild when they do. You will probably have a safety net of at least 15 days to think about it.

I would love to go! =)
Tocanis

A thousand times in.

I'm so pissed I missed last year, after having such an epic time the year before with Geir.

By the way, all of you need to see The Protomen live if you ever have the chance.

Also...Sven, Alli, and Geir, I have a special surprise for the three of you ;)

Tickets are available for purchase now!
Tocanis

3-day pass purchased. It's official!

3 days are sold out!!!

I just had to buy 3 single days.

Holy Jesus.

Also, no need to include my wife in the hotel room. She probably won't make it.

Geirrodur

Aint no party like a suite 1 party!

Pickets purchased! Regrettably at the singles price of $105 for all 3 days. Will fly in on Thursday and will be staying through a week. I will have a personal button this year, but I'm hoping that either Xynke or Sven bring some TA ones. Sunday is THE day for button trading and I'm gonna be ready this year.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

I will be bringing the buttons from last year, at least 100 of each possibly up to 200 of each. As far as I can tell, everyone who is on the suite arrangements has either been notified or bought their tickets already. I'll call the hotel tomorrow to get suites booked and update the original post.

Suite 1 Woot Woot!

Yes I will bring whatever buttons I have left over from last year. Last year was a blast and I am looking forward to this year!

I am still planning on Lucinther coming with me, but alas, not 100% sure since she is in another Country Code. Sven knows the situation.

Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Details on our housing is as follows:

Fairmont Olympic Hotel
411 University Street,
Seattle, WA

We have 3 executive suits, which are:

450 square feet each
1 separated bedroom with king bed
1 sofa bed
1 marble bathroom

If we need more, I can call the hotel and get more.

Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum