Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Quinthrop

re: PAX 2012 announced

I am not sure if anyone wants this or not but the PAX Prime 2012 Schedules are live and available.

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule

Allihandra

Went through the list of events at PAX and have picked a few I can't miss and a few that I'm at least mildly interested in.

In order of interest:

Penny Arcade - Make a Strip - Saturday 10:30-12 (this has become a yearly event for us)

Munchkin Munchcathlon - Saturday 12-6 pm (I'll need to leave the make a strip a little early, then we have the dinner afterwards)

Retrogame Roadshow - Friday 1:30-2:30

The Improv Initiative - Friday 9pm-10pm (don't want to go alone though)

The Future of D&D - Saturday 1-2 (if for some reason I'm knocked out of munchkin, I think Jon will be going to this, regardless)

Is the Way You Pay the Way You Play? - Sunday 3:30-4:30 (only Sunday event that looked at all good to me)

Small World Tournament - Friday 11-3:30 (Jon and I play this game fairly often and are pretty good at it, so we might do this tournament together. You guys are welcome to join us if we do)

Penny Arcade Q&A - Friday 11:30-12:30 (This one is really iffy, might only be able to go if we go to the keynote, would not be able to get a lot of expo hall time in. I'll go if a majority of everyone else want's to go.)

See you all there,
Anna
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Allihandra and I bought the snack food we're going to bring to PAX; we brought enough for everybody to share. Here's a photo of some of it so you can get an idea of what we're brining:

Forum Image

Also, a few things about PAX (I am updating the main/first post as well):

1. We have reservations to have dinner together at Red Fin Tuna Sushi in downtown Seattle just a few blocks from the convention center on Saturday night, 8pm. This is my treat to everyone!

2. We are bringing the above food for everyone to snack during the day and night since the hotels are expensive and the downtown area is bereft of convenience stores. Most of it is strange, but all of it is good. Half of it is also earmarked for the out-of-California folks to bring back if you'd like the taste; we have a lot of pretty awesome food and want you guys to have some to bring back if you like it.

3. We are also going to be trying to get access to the Trion and Turbine parties at PAX ASAP this year; assuming it doesn't conflict with our Sat reservation. One of the first priorities as a group is to find how to get access and get the passes.

Hrm. I see one thing missing from that picture. Hopefully you forget to bring it. Otherwise, it all looks tasty.
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

I'll look into how much liquor I can bring in - give me some ideas of what you all want an how much. I will definitely be bringing at least a bottle of Jameson but I need requests please.

UPDATE:

I can bring in my carryons up to 5 liters of retail packaged alcohol. A traditional bottle of liquor is 750ml which translates to 6 bottles which should be enough.

So here's the liquor list so far:

1. Irish Whiskey
  2. Rum
  3. Barenjager
  4. none yet
  5. none yet
  6. none yet

*Donations Welcome - 6 bottles will be roughly $200*

~ Red

Last edited by Red Shadow on 08/18/2012 9:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Allihandra

I'm a rum fan myself.
Tocanis

Forum Image

Oishi da yo!

I'm diffidently down for the Small World Tourney, I love that game, just recently started playing myself, and I totally hope they have some promos.

I have a few cans of Salmon I'm bringing, trying to scrounge up some more that I'm not giving to my Moms, but I figure we can have some sort of trial of skill in which to determine who takes home some canned fish.

Can't wait to see ya all.
Tocanis

Geirrodur wrote:
I'm diffidently down for the Small World Tourney, I love that game, just recently started playing myself, and I totally hope they have some promos.

I have a few cans of Salmon I'm bringing, trying to scrounge up some more that I'm not giving to my Moms, but I figure we can have some sort of trial of skill in which to determine who takes home some canned fish.

Can't wait to see ya all.

I vote for a Magic tourney for the fish.

Red Shadow wrote:

UPDATE:

I can bring in my carryons up to 5 liters of retail packaged alcohol. A traditional bottle of liquor is 750ml which translates to 6 bottles which should be enough.

~ Red

hrmm, my sister literally JUST took a flight from Orlando literally three days ago and she couldn't bring anything Liquid over 3oz in her carryons, at security they said it would have had to been in her checked baggage to get through, she had to leave some Pumpkin Juice I think it was ,from Harry Potter Land, behind because it was over 3oz.

So i would double check on that

Liger(Ligina) wrote:
Red Shadow wrote:

UPDATE:

~ Red

hrmm, my sister literally JUST took a flight from Orlando literally three days ago and she couldn't bring anything Liquid over 3oz in her carryons, at security they said it would have had to been in her checked baggage to get through, she had to leave some Pumpkin Juice I think it was ,from Harry Potter Land, behind because it was over 3oz.

So i would double check on that

Being a Flight Attendant has its privileges! As long as I travel in uniform that is.

:-D

Tocanis

Red Shadow wrote:
I'll look into how much liquor I can bring in - give me some ideas of what you all want an how much. I will definitely be bringing at least a bottle of Jameson but I need requests please.

UPDATE:

So here's the liquor list so far:

1. Irish Whiskey
  2. Rum
  3. none yet
  4. none yet
  5. none yet
  6. none yet

~ Red

How about some Barenjager?

Sounds good, T. Added to list.

Any Wine drinkers? If so, bring your own. haha. I don't know enough about wine to warrant bringing it myself.

Also, the reason I want to carry it on board is because of the risk of damage with checking it and I don't want to deal with special packaging.

~ Red

Liger(Ligina)

Red Shadow wrote:

Being a Flight Attendant has its privileges! As long as I travel in uniform that is.

:-D

*imagines red in a mini skirt carrying a bag of booze....* *has nightmares*

Just in case we need this for the Turbine party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QVJo2EE5Q&feature=youtu.be

Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum