Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Liger(Ligina)

re: Diablo III

first off... /wave

DISCLAIMER: I am almost completely D3 stupid, since I did not get a beta invite, I decided to keep myself almost completely in the dark about the project so I could be completely engulfed by the lord of terror.

Whos playing?

Is it going to be split into Realms like D2?

--If so where are we playing?

Is there a midnight release going on?
(I have a store pickup for CE at Best Buy day of, so 10 am EST will I be behind?)

Whats the status on the Zombie Apocalypse?

How is everyone doing?

Lliraam, myself, Devastasia, and others are definitely going to be playing Diablo 3. I don't know for sure what my purchase option is, I'm still undecided how and what I want to buy (standard, collector, etc.). I honestly have no idea about the system itself, just that it's Blizzard and it's a good bet I'm going to be entertained.

Wait, is this a multi-player game?

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Lliraam

I took part in the open beta a few weekends ago. The game is AH-MAY-ZING! I may just buy whatever digital thing Blizzard offers from their store instead of picking up any sort of boxed edition.

As far as realms, I don't think they're breaking it up that way. From the news that I read recently, there will be servers for each global region and people will be allowed to play across those boundaries (with limitations).

One thing of note for all you Diablo 2 fans. The skill system is VERY different (but really well done). You might want to hit up the main Diablo site to see how it works.
Markosias

I've got the standard pre-order from Amazon. I haven't really done any "pre-work" on the title, but I LOVED D2:LoD. Gonna be tough going to work next week, heh

I will definitely be playing, I got suckered into the year wow subscription for the stupid mount and free D3. so however that is delivered is how I will get it, I assume digitally.

Gonna do some research on it this weekend in preparation, tho i wont be taking any time off work or anything

Looking forward to gaming with you all <3 and Liger, we miss you!
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

I'll create a sticky thread for everyone's Blizzard/Battlenet Information when we need to find each other. I'm going over what we know with LL so we can coordinate how to find each other when it goes out. T-minus 6 days =P

I want my Strafazon back

Tocanis wrote:
I want my Strafazon back

/signed

Red-Shadow wrote:
Wait, is this a multi-player game?

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Diablo III is a multi-player game; although you can also play alone. My friend described it as almost an open invitation game; if you set it "on" you can be playing by yourself and then your friends can join your game as they come on and leave and so forth, and the game levels will scale to the number of people in your game. I haven't played beta myself so I'm not sure if I'm describing it correctly.

Tocanis wrote:
I want my Strafazon back

Meh. I hated bow-based Zons. I much preferred my Plagueazon with LF backup. Hell, I even enjoyed my Spearazon much more than using a bow. I think my favorite char I ever made was a Sacrifice Paladin using sword/board. I had like 40% lifesteal (cut by 75% in hell) with a bunch of defensive passives and gear. The only time I ever really died was massive elemental damage that I couldn't block. In those cases, you gotta pop a potion and make sure you get out of the way.

Looking at the new classes and skill trees, I'm preparing for a sword/board Barbarian with some good defensive abilities. It will probably resemble a Concentration Barb from D2. The witch doctor is also hella fun. It will probably be the second character I run through the game with.
Tocanis

Just gotta watch out for those physical immunes

I'm planning to hit up the Monk first myself.

Tocanis wrote:
Just gotta watch out for those physical immunes

I'm planning to hit up the Monk first myself.

1pt in Vengeance FTW.

Monk was the one class I didn't get to play during the beta. I liked the Witch Doctor, Barbarian, and Wizard. The Demon Hunter wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe it gets better when you get more skills.
Liger(Ligina)

DH or Wizard for me, personally i was a summon necro, with an A2 NM merc with thorns, I could solo ANYTHING, curses made anything die fast, and well overwhelming numbers can kill anything!

EDIT: I will most likely be on TS in the DD Channel unless you make a D3 channel on the 15th once I get home with my copy.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum