Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Return to LOTRO!

The statistics from the past year clearly indicate that we as a group are not as into the newer style of MMORPG that has been coming out in the past years. Rift, while quite fast, was also extremely punishing in its raids, making it rather frustrating to play. Guild Wars 2 is unfortunately plagued with multiple technical issues, and their events and in-game grouping system makes it very difficult for us to meet new players and organize our members.

At this month's guild meeting, we discussed this and consensus has been that Lord of the Rings Online was a great game and that we left not because we didn't like it, but because we were just tired of playing it for so long. Now that we've been away for almost 2 years, inertia has been building for us to regroup in LOTRO. Those of us who left now have had a sufficient break from the game to see all the new content with new eyes, and a lot of the players who came back already or stayed are encouraging us.

We agreed to take December off and relax, and come January 1st, 2013 we'll regroup at Brandywine in the Twilight Avengers guild as before. Everyone is welcome to join us again! I have appointed caretaker officers/leaders in Rift and Guild Wars 2 to maintain the resources we have accumulated in both games. I will be taking the holidays off myself to deal with my ill grandparents and will be potentially joining you all in Brandywine come the new year. Tocanis has volunteered to be a point of contact for socializing and organization in Brandywine and will be communicating with Wodholm to deal with the new influx of TA members into LOTRO Brandywine.

I have always enjoyed playing with you guys, and I look forward to the next chapter of games with you all. Twilight Avengers forever!

-Svensson returns

Avengers Forever!

Ciao.

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Suridine

I am excited and can't wait to see you all in-game. Let me know how I can be of any assistance.

What you got Liger? LOL!
Wodholm Stoutheart
Wodholm Stoutheart
Officer

re: Return to LOTRO

That's welcome news! I look forward to being able to run 12 man raids with all of you again. I will be glad to work with anyone coming over/back into LOTRO. Anything I can do, just send me a PM or catch me in TS.

Roll on TA! Wodholm[/i]

re: Re: Return to LOTRO!

CaptSvensson wrote:
I have appointed caretaker officers/leaders in Rift and Guild Wars 2 to maintain the resources we have accumulated in both games.

-Svensson returns

Who are the officers/leaders for Guild Wars 2?

Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Arkaraen, Markosias, and Liger have been set to be Leaders of the GW2 guild; Red Shadow is still an officer of the GW2 guild.

All voting members of the guild have the ability to use researched guild benefits now.

CaptSvensson wrote:
Arkaraen, Markosias, and Liger have been set to be Leaders of the GW2 guild; Red Shadow is still an officer of the GW2 guild.

All voting members of the guild have the ability to use researched guild benefits now.

You wanted a power struggle, I will do my best to provide one :D

I made a Champion and at lvl 5, Rookfaire.
Liger(Ligina)

rookwood71 wrote:
I made a Champion and at lvl 5, Rookfaire.

hah, yeh they got me playing too rook, a Guard, Ligerzxr

I THINK only officers can invite at the moment I may be wrong, but if you are on TS3 when you play, and I'm almost always on if I am in a game, I can give it a try too, (once you finish the beginning area) which is lv 5-7 depending how well you do, ala quest efficientcy.

Let me see if I can invite you guys tonight. I have the game patched and everything =P

CaptSvensson wrote:
Let me see if I can invite you guys tonight. I have the game patched and everything =P

Don't stress about it just yet Sven, with everything going on irl I'm a little busy. Basically, I just get on for a an hour or so at random times. Plus, I got a long ways to go before I'll be useful in LotRO.
Liger(Ligina)

rookwood71 wrote:
CaptSvensson wrote:

Plus, I got a long ways to go before I'll be useful in LotRO.

yeah well people will work with you on that..like they are doing with me...

By the way, the LOTRO kinship should be set up so that any voting member can do kinship invites. See if anyone online can do invites when you can!

I believe that is correct Sven. I think only officer promotion is limited to the leader.
....and thanks everyone for lending a hand to all the new toons in LOTRO! That's what TA is all about!

See You in Middle Earth...Wod

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum