Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Guild meeting, Monday July 1st, 2013, 7:30pm PDT

D&D:NW Agenda (last updated 6/26/2013):

1. PvP
- Determine level of interest in PvP within the guid.

2. Instances and content
- Determine which direction the guild wants to take for level 60 content.
- Set schedule of guild clears of 60 content, starting with the normal dungeon and then to tier 1.

X. Anything else anyone wants to bring up for the good of the guild.

-Jariath

LOTRO Agenda (last updated 6/29/2013):

1. Goals
- We have 4-5 months before the release of Helm's Deep for LOTRO. Our current goal (subject to monthly discussion) is to finish the Erebor raiding cluster to maximize our character power in preparation for the raising of the level cap to 95. If accomplished early, we will back track and clear out the tier 2 and challenge levels for non-scaling content in Isengard/Eriador.

2. Raiding
- Draigoch scales have been accumulated in in sufficient quantities that we have stopped running the Draigoch raid. If anyone wants a cloak, please alert Svensson, or any of the organizing officers and I'll schedule a Draigoch raid one week.
- We are currently running Isengard's Tower of Orthanc on Fridays to get everyone clasps. This is taking longer as not every completion drops a clasps.
- Monday/Wednesday are being used to attempt either the Fires of Smaug (the last Erebor cluster raid we have not completed) or if we are short on players, finish the Battle for Erebor to get more gems.
- We have been taking occasional days off to do Helegrod for fun.

3. Recruiting
- We have tentatively had a 62 Elven Hunter named Mafioz join the kinship while he finishes his application to join.
- Several contacts were made via the LOTRO forum post we maintain in the Brandywine forum.

4. Crafting & Supplies
- UPDATED: We are running low on certain raiding supplies; I will put out a contract list and let any interested members pick up the tasks.

X. Anything else anyone wants to bring up, please reply to the post.

-Svensson

Last edited by CaptSvensson on 06/29/2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well they are sort of forcing PVP on us with Gauntlgrym. but so far as my understanding goes. The gear in this area is not that much better than ancient gear from CN.

On an another note, they are supposed to be releasing something called "Module One" this summer, but haven't really said what it is or when it would be released.

I pretty much pvp for a daily, assuming I am in the mood. IMHO, they have A LOT more balancing issues to deal with PVP though. Especially for clerics.

I have been running lots of T2 quests, not so much CN (seems everyone wants to cheat all the time there), and thankfully they have been fixing some of these dungeons.

IMHO, so far, I would have to say the easiest T2 dungeon to complete is CoK (Karrundax). The toughest T2 dungeon, would be Temple of the Spider, admittedly I have not ran Epic Dread Vault yet, some reason it doesn't seem to be a popular one. I see people always calling out for every T2 dungeon except that one. Not sure why. The next toughest to me would be Frozen Heart, then Spellplague, then Pirate, and lastly, CoK.
Jariath
Officer

I have not enjoyed PVP since MMO's started treating as an entirely different part of the game and creating stats just for it. I personally do not think that it really has a place in an RPG style game, but I understand some people like it. I have not truly enjoyed it since SWG and Luci hasn't since Dark Age of Camelot. I played in WoW from time to time as a time passer, I played it in Rift to get the guild weekly done and a get a suit of of armor for my appearance tab as it was about the only decent looking rogue armor available. In Neverwinter the PVP is far worse than any other game I have played. That any player can, no matter the ability, take 3/4 or more of a players health pool in a single ability is ludicrous. That a player can be stunned and completely brutalized in under 3 seconds is insane.

That access to PVE content is dependent upon PVP has me really weary of the future of this game. I do not enjoy PVP in the game and I am now worried that this will be a trend.

As far as details on the module goes: http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

2 more professions, 2 races (sun and moon elves), a new zone, a new class and other stuff.

Just verify this for me, but still no Warlocks or Warlords as playable classes?

There has been mention of a new class, speculation that it is Ranger though not completely sure which one as it is stated that it and Warlock are both nearly complete..

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum