Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockOnn
Officer

re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Just wanted to check if anyone will be trying out this game. I am curious about the interest out there in the greater Twilight Avenger land.

RockOn

Zero interest from me. I've read too much and know too many people in beta to shell out the 60 bucks for the box. I'm just not interested in playing a 2004 game in 2011.

Leader

From what I've seen, someone else from the main TA body is leading The Old Republic chapter of TA; they were planning on going Sith but I don't know what server. I saw some posts about it on the Facebook Page for the Twilight Avengers. I have some light interest in how it pans out, but I am committed to Rift for our chapter.

From what I have seen in the Beta, the game was a lot of fun, it is a quest based MMO, something different than what SWG was. The class stories seem very well done, which is to be expected from Bioware.

Of course, I am also not one to bash a product based on someone else's opinion.
RockOnn
Officer

I have been doing a little bit more research and looks like there will be a TA chapter on both sides (Sith and Jedi) - both leaders starting it up are from City of Heros (Lyger on the Sith side and Wulf on the Jedi side. That is the one chapter of TA that I have never been a part of but Ebon was there for years so probably knows the cats.

I was not really that keen on it at first but WOW did the Beta grab me and I am a pretty jaded MMO player. The game mechanics are actually not bad either once you get your head wrapped around the fact that you are not in the RIFT or WOW anymore Happy

RockOn

There are 2 TA guilds in The old republic, they have not been assigned a server. if you log into biware and got to the old republic website, you can register and sign up for either the light side or dark side guild. At this point you can only sign up for one or the other, but I believe that you will be able to play a character on both sides after launch.
Arkaraen

re: SW:TOR

I played my first beta this weekend and really liked the game. Graphics are every bit as good as LotRO or Rift and considering it's still in beta, not many glitches. Lag doesn't seem to be a problem, at least not yet. I too like the story driven aspect so I'm staying with it and planning to play the released game in December. The only problem I have currently is not enough info on the actual mechanics of the game being available. I'm the type that likes to have the basic info out there to read first and then start gaming, not the other way round. Like when do you get companions, or crafting abilities, how to use the modifier kiosks and when. Flying blind like this for me is not an adventure or fun, just frustrating at times.

That said, I'm still gonna play and hoping to see some familiar faces.
Markosias

I'm sure I will be trying it out. Dunno what kind of "staying power" it will hold for me though. Not being much of a "raider," Rift only held my interest until I reached max-level. Since I don't have a max-level toon in LotRO, I went back there for now. And since there's no such thing as a max-level toon in EVE, I've been over there for years (My character turns 6 in Feb!).

Anyways, I'm planning on playing it for a bit. Maybe even longer than the 2-weeks I gave Star Trek

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum