Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

re: Vol 3: Book 1 features released on LOTRO.com

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/oath-of-the-rangers-features

Ooooooo. New Farming Crops! How exciting!
Azranath

LOL, wow I guess I need to get a move on with the epic story eh? Vol I: Book V... no comment

But the new stuff sounds fun envy

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!"
"It's time to roll the dice!"
Matrim Cauthon - The Wheel of Time.

Just what I need - more crops to farm!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

There is a new dev diary describing the quests in Vol 3:

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/609-developer-diary-volume-iii-book-1-quest-notes

Some quotes:
Quote:
Book 1: Oath of the Rangers and its Prologue, Messages from Lórien, requires you to have purchased Siege of Mirkwood and be Level 65. It contains nine soloable chapters, and includes a brand-new Skirmish in one of LOTRO’s most popular locations.

Quote:
Over the course of Book 1: Oath of the Rangers (known affectionately around the office by its other name, ‘Ranger Round-Up’), you’ll be travelling across Eriador in search of the Dúnedain who will travel south with the Grey Company. As a result, you’ll find yourself walking and riding great distances.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=316278

Preliminary release notes for volume 3, book 1.

Highlights include:

Duo skirmishes
level 64 skills
Lots of skirmish fixes, including increased rewards for larger group sizes and tiers.
New Fate and Willpower trail food.
Newly created fish-based trail food now boosts both vitality and willpower.

Also of note is this line
"All Bounty items have had their sell value increased."

Therefore, unless you're hard up for cash, I'd just hang on to any skirmish bounties you get until the patch comes, as long as you have the space to do so.

There's plenty more at the link if you're interested.
Geirrodur

Freakin Awesome! Finally be able to add notes to our Friends list!

Now able to use Pipeweed on a mount!
Cirmax
Retired

May have to work on my fishing

Another interesting tidbit in the new dev diary is new crafting recipies purchasable with skirmish marks. One type is meant to give a lot of crafting experience, so people who outleveled a certain tier of material can get experience through skirmishing. But the other recipe type sounds VERY convenient:

Quote:
Have a whole stack of crafting materials you want to process into boiled hides or ingots but don’t have the time to wait for it? A second new series of recipes can be found within Skirmish camps. These will allow you to turn an entire stack of materials into a processed stack with one craft. These will also be expensive to initially acquire but will only have to be learned once.

I went ahead and hopped on Bullroarer to get the current (subject to balancing) cost of the crafting recipes. For tier 6, the bulk recipes convert 50 mats to 25 processed materials and cost 123 skirmish marks. I'm guessing the prices on these will rise significantly when the book hits live.

The "expertise" recipes used to get bulk crafting experience are only for tiers 1-4 and award 35 experience per completion. These are permanent recipes on a 3-day cooldown, and cost 192, 385, 780 and 1,304 marks for apprentice, journeyman, expert, and artisan respectively. To execute the recipes, there is a single mat for each tier which costs 24, 48, 72, and 96 marks respectively.
LotroKriik

Now if I can only find the time to finish the V2B9 epilogue quests. All that traveling is driving me nuts. confused
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdiaries/619-developer-diary-volume-iii-book-1-skill-upgrades

New developer diary about the skill upgrades. What is funny is their stated goals for the skill upgrades:

Quote:
1. Enhance underused skills.
2. Give bonuses that are exciting.
3. Don’t greatly alter relative class balance.

Some of these changes look very powerful given our unique raid mix. True Heroics for Champions is going to be a great boost for us, given our use of Champions in the Watcher. In addition to the power being granted, True Heroics now gives the Champion a 30 sec buff depending on their stance.

Shield Brother was also changed to give a small ICPR and ICMR boost to the recipient which is always helpful to the tank, but hardly anything to write home about.

I think Allihandra is going to be very happy with the changes to Warrior's Heart, given how much she already traited to make that skill available as often as possible.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum