Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalbren
Recruit

re: Hi there

Heya folks, I'm currently a lvl 61 champ on Firefoot (I just resubbed). I came back to a very low population server and have been contemplating a transfer over to Brandywine. I have been watching the Brandywine forums and saw a recruitment thread for this kin.

So I wanted to ask a few questions before I make the big leap.

What times do you folks usually raid/are active? I'm in Alaska, so I'm on a little later than most. Anything later than 8pm PST would be great, but a tad earlier could be manageble.

Do you guys have any sorta age restriction? I'm 29, and have found the more I play online games the less patience I have for teenagers in the games I play. Yup, that's right hand me my cane, and I'll start yelling at them damn kids to get off my lawn.

Do you guys have any uber lowbie groups roaming around at all? I have no toons on Brandywine yet, so there's not much of an opportunity for me to group with you all, unless it's with some very low level toons.

Do you even need champs right now? Kindda important, heh.

Thanks!
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Hi Kalbren,

Our raid/activity times are all at 7:30pm PST (which I think is 6:30pm Alaska time) and we play generally until midnight PST. We typically raid on Mon/Wed/Fri but Wednesday is sometimes just used to have fun doing instances. Tuesday is equipment/quest/fun night, and we generally improvise or relax on Thur/Sat/Sun.

We do not have any age restrictions, but our social culture and demeanor make it unlikely for young members to join us. Our youngest members are 26, most of us are in our 30's, and a half dozen are in their 50's and 60's. We all have families and/or careers, so we are friendly and sociable but not vulgar.

We do not have any lowbies we actively play, but some of us have characters scattered throughout all the levels. One thing that may help is you are welcome to drop by in Ventrilo and chat with us. Our ventrilo server is at chi01.guildlaunch.net, port 4012, and the password is VNsS1s. I unfortunately cannot play on Thursday nights, but if you'd like feel free to drop by ventrilo on Friday @ 7:30pm PST or later. You're more than welcome to listen to our Barad Guldur raid!

We definitely could use another player; champion is an excellent class we are short on, but our experience is that good players in a great team are better than class quotas. If you enjoy the champion and you enjoy our company, you're welcome to play it no matter what.

Wow, awesome.

I do really enjoy the champ class, and I too agree that class quotas don't mean everything.

You're correct, that is 6:30pm Alaska time, which is still a little on the early side for me, but I'll see if I can drop in for your raid on Friday. Do you guys start right at 7:30PST or that's the goal, and sometimes isn't quite reached? I ask since I don't get home from work until 6-6:30 my time, so it may be a little tricky to make.

My current kin has some really great people in it, and it's a difficult decesion to leave them. Just that I unsubbed the game last time cause I was bored, and oten found myself the only member of my kin online.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Invitations go out at 7:30pm PST with intended start of pulls at 7:45pm PST. We usually make this time, so there is a 15 minute grace period. Some players who have been in the same situation you are in often preposition their characters ahead of time, and stock up on tokens/potions/food the night before =P

That being said, if you're a bit late, it's not a big deal if it was unintentional and you state as much.

Sounds good :)

Since my guy isn't even 65 yet I don't suspect I'll jump right into raiding. I probably will need to spend some time gearing him up again. I remember that I had enough rad gear to run watcher (barely) before I unsubbed.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

If you do make the leap and join us, we actually prefer to help you level up and get your equipment rather than have you lone-wolf it. The reason is we are not a hardcore kinship, we prefer teamwork over demanding everyone meet some arbitrary skill requirement. Please do not feel you have to prove yourself by getting ready all by yourself.

This keeps sounding better and better :D

Will try to hop on vent tonight for your all's raid.
Kalbren
Recruit

So I have a newb RK I spun up on Brandywine while I await the likely lenthgy transfer process, would it be ok if I apped with him for now? Or rather wait til I get my real main transferred?
Kohrek

Given the circumstances, apping now would be more than fine Kal.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum