Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Allihandra

re: Hotel signup for PAX Prime 2011

This is the official signup forum for the PAX Prime hotel share.

The most important thing about PAX preparation is the hotel because having to deal with walking back and forth to a hotel 4-8 blocks away can kill the PAX experience. Jonathan and I have done it; not fun. That said, the hotel cost is the most expensive part of the trip. Tickets are around $40, airfare - $150-300 depending on where you are coming from, food - budget around $30 a day. The hotel is at least $200 a night per room. One way to offset this is room sharing.

Here are the specifics - We will be staying at the Sheraton Seattle from 8/25-8/28. This hotel is just across the street from the convention center and about a half hour drive from the airport. If you were to just book now, with no discounts, the cost is $269 including taxes per night. The discount that I was going to use seems to be broken right now, even though it is still listed. I will continue to work on finding a good discount to use. (It was going to be a total of $645 or about $213 a night) There are two other hotels in the same one block radius. They will stay as options as well if I can get a good deal.

or

TL;DR We are staying across the street from the convention center and be prepared to pay at least $300 for 3 nights/double.

Please sign up here for how many days you will be needing the hotel room (I know some people won't be there the whole time,) how many people you would like to share the room with (want to save money and do a sleeping bag on the floor?) and if you have a roommate arrangement already made.
Geirrodur

Mark me down for sharing a room. I'm up for how many people is needed, the cheaper the better, I'll bring sleeping bag and booze. Super excited about PAX again, and can't wait to hang out with yous guys again. Alli is THE best raid leader for PAX, we were able to complete all our quest with her.
Allihandra

The registration is now open for PAX. Please sign up as soon as possible so that you don't miss out. They sell out every year. Also we have the final information for the discounts for the hotels.
LINK

The totals for 3 nights will be $253 double, $189 for triple, or $157 for four person.
-Anna
Kohrek

Well it's official--I bought my 3 day pass. I'm willing to split a room with any person or people, but would prefer to do it soon. Let's figure out who's going. If you're on the fence, this will be my first time going west of Ohio, so what's your excuse? It should be a great time.
RockOnn
Officer

Dance an I will try to go this year. I just bought our passes and made reservations for the hotel. See everyone in Seattle.

Geir, Kohrem...I'm in if I can split the room with you guys. Would prefer to get more people in on it, but I can't make the trip if I don't split it at least three ways.

WOOOO!

P.S. All our quest are belong to Alli?

I'm good for splitting a room with ya Toci, I need someone to walk around with at 2 in the morning yelling at Seattle and you have experience in that department. I would not be apposed to more peeps joining in on splitting the room.

Dance, Rock, Kohrem, can't wait to see you guys, it's gonna be a blast.
Allihandra

So it looks like we will have at least 3 rooms, maybe more. Since Rock and Dance already booked, Sven and I will book separately also. Because the booking website doesn't let you book in blocks of rooms, it looks like the best way to do it anyway. I also do want to mention that I made a mistake when calculating totals due to the evil Seattle hotel tax. The room rate listed does not include the 15.6% tax rate. That makes the totals $293 double, $218 for triple, or $181 for four person. Sorry about the confusion.
-Alli

Update - Sven pointed out to me there is actually a group booking tool on the hotel registration page. So far, unbooked, we have the room with Geir, Korek and Tookie and one with Sven and I. Is there anyone else that is thinking about going? I think I'll put a deadline on the group sign up to be April 30th. Then we will book the rooms so as to make sure we get them. I will also call the Sheraton at that time to let them know we have two other rooms that we would like on the same floor. (Dax's and Rock/Dance's)
Quinthrop

I am planning on going as well. Due to living only an hour drive away and because "she" said so i will probably make the drive there every day. That is what i am working with right now.

Tocanis

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to back out of going to PAX this year, just can't make it work. I'm definitely planning ahead for next year, though, and hopefully I'll have Curtis with me Happy

Geir, you'll just have to drag Kohrem around with you on your drunken rants this time around ;)

Dagnabbit Toci, that's not cool! I'm sure Kohrem will substitute fine and all, but jeez dude, where you at! Well hey, your gonna at least have to send Kon up here so we can get some more pics with him, I mean he was he ladies man (err plushy) after all. Gotta get some more pics with him and the ladies. Kohrem, you are now going to have one of the greatest responsibilities ever when it comes to gaming...... Being my Wing-man. Hope you're game for it.
Kohrek

I don't know Geir--I think it will be quite a tough role to fill but I'll try. Is there anyone else out there considering going that would want to split a room with Geir and I?
Geirrodur

I have officially received my time off approval for PAX, and have paid for my 3 day pass, so things are looking good.

Kohrem, Sayriel is down for joining us on a Hotel room, the two of us wouldn't mind trying to get more on board if you up for it.
Allihandra

Ok I've finally reserved our hotel rooms. I did a block of three rooms, one for you guys; Geir, Kohrek and Sayriel. I waited a little too long and had to do two separate bookings through different sites to get the best rates I could, but since that is my fault all you need to contribute is the Pax rate for the room. ($218*3nights/3people=$218 each) I put you down Geir as contact person for your room so you may get an email from them.
Any questions, let me know.
-Anna
Geirrodur

Sweet, which e-mail did you happen to list? Might need to start checking that. Anyways getting super excited.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum