Post new topic   Reply to topic    Twilight Avengers Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Quinthrop

re: PAX 2012 announced

May be a stupid question, but since I am driving there, i'm sure the hotel has a parking lot?!

Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

There is parking throughout downtown and I'm sure the hotel itself has parking.

Honestly from my experience I prefer to park at the airport and take the train in town, the overnight parking was insane the first year, and it was fun meeting everyone at the airport, it's kind great when you get that first meet and greet off the plane and all.
Quinthrop

Well I would presume that if you are a guest at the hotel that they would not charge you for parking. That being the case, I might head there Thursday night since that is when most of you will be coming in anyways.

Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Actually Brandon, the hotels normally charge guests for parking. Sometimes they will throw in parking for free, but it's not always a sure thing. Last year Jared got charged an arm and a leg to use the hotel parking lot. We're at a different hotel this time, but generally that's always the case.

Last edited by CaptSvensson on 05/14/2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Can my room be a party room, too?

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Devvlin - Z

I may be staying with you guys after all if that is still an option...
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Dev, that is definitely an option. Kim F. may be unable to come; I haven't heard from her if she was able to get passes. Just let me know what your room/space preference is.

Just checked on flights for PAX for Sirran and I. It looks like we will be flying on Southwest flight 507, arriving at 9:00PM on Thursday and flight 1060, leaving at 8:20PM on Sunday.

Aside from the flights, travel plans are as follows.

Meet as many people as possible at the airport before heading over to the hotel. Sirran and I are willing to wait there if anyone has a flight after us. From the airport we will take the Central Link light rail to downtown and walk to the hotel. The light rail only costs $2.75 each way.

On Sunday we will be checking out of the hotel in the morning, leaving the luggage at the hotel and going to PAX for the last day of festivities. The exhibit hall closes at 6, so we will probably stay for the close, (possibilities of last minute swag,) then head over to the airport.

Can't wait to see you all then.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

I just updated the post with flights, hotel info, and the latest in sleeping arrangements. Let me know if you'd like any changes!

Xynke confirmed that his wife Lucinther will be unable to make it to PAX this year. Sleeping arrangements are still up to date, let me know if anything changes!

Just a few updates from my end.

I decided to fly into Seattle 2 days early in order to have some time to do "touristy" stuff. Therefore I'll be arriving on Tuesday, August 28th shortly after noon. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights I'll be staying at the Sheraton. I'll then meet up with you on Thursday at the other hotel.

My flight out is a red-eye that leaves at 10:40 PM on Sunday, so I'll be planning to be at PAX until they kick us out.

If anyone else is planning to get into Seattle early, I'd love to meet up, or even split the room at the Sheraton, but I'm also perfectly happy with just going my own way for those first 2 days.
RedShadow
Red Shadow
Officer

re: IT'S ON!!!

Forum Image

RedLife, RedShadow, RedSteel, and RedFlame.
Svensson
CaptSvensson
Leader

Dev messaged me a while ago that she would not be able to come to PAX; she and I are both looking for anyone who wants to goto PAX. I have a Friday/Saturday but no Sunday pass. Typically, Sunday is a pretty quiet day since everyone is pretty blasted from Fri/Sat. If you are interested, let me or Dev know, and you can also use her spot at the hotel.

I have updated the room arrangements with preferences from everyone regarding how much money they wanted to save by having roommates. I know this looks pretty different from last time, but this is the best arrangement I could come up with regarding the costs everyone had. Anna and I were planning on turning our living room into a game room for board games after PAX for those who were not tired =P

Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum